World Tourism Organization and Fundación ONCE Seek Best Accessible Destinations
May 23, 2019
The World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) and the Fundación ONCE have launched the first edition of the “Accessible Tourism Destination” (ATD) distinctions, which will recognize and promote sites that are accessible to all.
The aim is to publicize locations “that make an important effort so that their destination can be enjoyed by any tourist, regardless of their physical, sensory or cognitive abilities”, as indicated by the terms and conditions of the initiative.
In each edition a distinction will be awarded to a global destination, along with special mentions by type of destination. Urban, sun and beach, mountain, rural or cultural heritage destinations will be eligible for these distinctions that will be awarded annually.
How to enter:
• Period for submission of entries: 22 May - 30 June 2019
• Send submissions to: email@example.com
• Required information:
• A report detailing accessibility projects and the current situation of the destination in this area.
• The accessibility of the following aspects will be evaluated: planning, prior information and reservations; transport for arrival/departure; accommodation; food and beverage services; urban and interurban transportation in the destination; tourism resources and public administrations of tourism.
• Jury: Composed of tourism destination management organizations, consumer bodies, business associations (hotels, food & beverage, transport, etc.), the World Tourism Organization and Fundación ONCE.
Terms and conditions of the UNWTO ATD International Distinction.
MICE-Contact is one of the most popular international leading Media and PR Magazine dedicated to the global meeting industry. The weekly "MICE-Business Travel News" is subscribed by more than 96,300 MICE executives, key buyers and journalists around the globe.
MICE-Contact cooperates closely with a number of organisations and we are represented at all major trade fairs around the globe and exclusively cover the newest trend and events. Our readership works and represents the business travel industry and appreciates our first-hand reporting which is editing by professional journalists. Our press distribution reaches thousands of travel professionals and hundreds of journalists from all over the world.
By: MC Media Group International Global Office Berlin | Editor-in-Chief Werner Kreis
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org