TCEB’s 2018 marketing campaign unveiled
Oct 06, 2017
Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (Public Organization) or TCEB unveiled the marketing communication campaign for the year 2018 entitled “THAILAND CONNECT Your Vibrant Journey to Business Success, decoded with chapters of possibilities”.
Built on a legacy of the existing branded campaign, the core concept of the 2018 campaign is aimed at further enhancing a position of Thailand as leading Bleisure destination in the region. The bureau expects that, by the end of next year, the country will welcome 1,192,000 international MICE visitors which generate revenue of 112 billion baht.
Mrs. Supawan Teerarat, Vice President of TCEB’s Strategic and Business Development, said “TCEB develops the operational strategy to be in parallel with the country’s economic development scheme. The objective is to promote the MICE industry into a key mechanism for propelling the national economy, guided by the government’s vision of Stability, Prosperity, and Sustainability. A vital part of the strategy is the marketing communication which TCEB implements to enhance the uniqueness of the Thai MICE industry. Through the recent marketing communication campaign, “THAILAND CONNECT Your Vibrant Journey to Business Success”, TCEB has been introducing key fundamental pillars of MICE industry which include a diversity of destination, business opportunities, and people of Thailand. These strengths are well positioning Thailand as a leading destination for Bleisure activities in the region.
Moving to the next level of success, the concept of TCEB’s 2018 marketing campaign is strengthened and developed to be in line with Thailand 4.0 policy. Under the title “THAILAND CONNECT Your Vibrant Journey to Business Success, decoded with chapters of possibilities”, the three pillars of the country’s MICE industry remain the key focus. Strengthening into “Fascinating Destination – Business Empowerment – Professional Passion”, TCEB will continue to promote theses brand pillars via the vigorous promotional activities throughout next year."
The emphasis of three fundamental pillars in TCEB’s 2018 campaign:
1. Fascinating Destination: Explore vibrant destinations brimming with captivating Inspirations. The key elements of the value proposition include:
• Perfect stops for Bleisure Trips: Concentration on quality business and leisure activity has helped Thailand’s competitiveness rise in global rankings. The country is ranked the 24th place of the Most Popular MICE Destination in the recent ranking, conducted by International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA). Leading MICE cities namely Bangkok, Pattaya and Chang Mai also perform well in the ICCA’s ranking. In addition, the recent report from the World Bangkok showed that Thailand is ranked the 46th place on the Ease of Doing Business. For tourism, Phuket is ranked the 25th place in the Travellers’ Top-Rated Places – the world, by TripAdvisor.
• Extensive accessibility and Travel Routes: The expansion of basic infrastructure and MICE facilities offers endless opportunities for the business. Major development projects underway include international airports capacity expansion, U-Tapao International Airport upgrade, Laem Chabang Deep Sea Port expansion, and High-Speed Train development.
• Colouring your business journey: By offering the ‘real experience’ through fun-filled activities that combined with a uniqueness of Thai culture, Thailand can transform an ordinary business event into a unique and impressive experience. Examples of highlighted experiences are such as CSR experience – reforestation without planting, or culinary experience – Thai cooking class which showcases the cultural wisdom.
2. Business Empowerment: Resourceful Thailand offers essential collaborations for international opportunities. The key features include:
• Progressive platform for business ventures: The country offers growth opportunities for new business ventures that align with Thailand 4.0 economic policy and the future industries which support the future competitiveness (New S-Curve), as well as the Thailand’s Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) project which is the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) of ASEAN.
• Innovative borderless connectivity: Utilizing innovation to enhance the effectiveness of communications and business networking activities. The SMART MICE events are encouraged through online marketing promotion campaigns and the development of a digital platform that help to facilitate the event organisers.
• The Heart of energetic collaboration: International and domestic collaborations for business events will highlight Thailand’s leading role as MICE destination in Asia. Examples of international and domestic collaborations include TCEB & PCMA (Professional Convention Management Association) and TCEB & TEAM THAILAND.
3. Professional Passion: Meet passionate professionals with a touch of Thai vibrancy. Key features include:
• Positive energy of warm and engaging Thais: Outstanding collaborative efforts between public and private sectors make it so much easier for international travellers to attend business events in Thailand. TCEB's cooperation projects that showcase a warm welcoming to MICE visitors are the MICE Lane and the Thai Welcome Package.
• Highly-skilled and effective talents: The competence of professionals in the Thai MICE industry is guaranteed by international institutions of human resource development, such as Certificated Exhibitions Management (CEM), and Certified Meeting Professional (CMP).
TCEB’s 2018 marketing communication campaign was launched at the 25th Incentive Travel & Convention, Meetings Asia (IT&CMA), and the 20th Corporate Travel World Asia-Pacific (CTW Asia-Pacific). The IT&CM Asia is recognised as the leading international MICE event centered in Asia-Pacific. The show has been held in Thailand for 16 consecutive years and will continue until the year 2020. In this year, IT&CMA takes place during 26-28 September at the Bangkok Convention Centre at Central World. The show expects to welcome 2,900 trade visitors from 50 countries.
At the show, TCEB exhibits Thailand’s readiness and the country’s vast potential through the Thailand Pavilion. Located at the Booth No. B1, the largest pavilion at the show is a platform for 63 leading suppliers from the Thai MICE industry to jointly present premium products and services to international buyers. TCEB also hosted an opening ceremony and welcome reception, held under the theme “Still on my mind” reflecting the impression of Thailand that inspire visitors to revisit the country.
In addition, the bureau supported the pre and post tour activities providing opportunities for international delegates to discover the potential of Thailand as a destination for MICE. The pre-tour was conducted at the Sampran Riverside offering the ‘real experience’ through activities which combine the Thai agricultural science and incentive activities. Meanwhile, the post-tour is held in two routes, Chiang Mai and Trang, showcasing the MICE facilities which are capable for the corporate events.
“The marketing campaign is aimed at raising the industry profile and visits. TCEB expects that by the end of the year 2018, there will be 1,192,000 international MICE visitors, generating 112 billion baht of revenue to the country. International events which will be held in Thailand in the coming years include: the 2018 MDRT Experience and Global Conference during 1-8 February; Bangkok Entertainment Fest during March-June; Sport Accord Convention 2018 during 15-20 April; ASEAN Sustainable Energy Week 2018 during 6-9 June; ProPak Asia 2018 during 13-16 June; the 45th International Council for Traditional Music (ICTM 2019) during 7-14 July; the 31st Congress of Asia-Pacific Association of Cataract & Refractive Surgeon (APACRS 2018) during 19-21 July; Beyond Beauty Asean Bangkok 2018 during 20-22 September; and Metalex 2018 during 21-24 November” Mrs. Supawan concluded.
By: MC Media Group International Global Office Berlin | Editor-in-Chief Werner Kreis
Contact email: email@example.com